The Water Tower in Kenilworth
The Water Tower in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England is a Grade II listed building. It was built in 1778 as a windmill and was converted into a water tower in 1884. The tower is 90 feet (27 m) tall and is made of brick. It has a capacity of 26,000 gallons (118,000 L) of water.
|The Water Tower in Kenilworth / Photo by Roblawson|
The tower was taken out of service in 1939 and has been unused since. In recent years, there have been a number of proposals for the future use of the tower, including converting it into a restaurant, a hotel, or a visitor attraction. The Water Tower is a significant piece of Kenilworth's industrial heritage and is a popular local landmark.